In what ways does your media product use,
develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
When creating my product, I used a lot of ideas and conventions from
well-known music magazines such as Kerrang!
I decided that these were the best magazines for me to get
inspiration from as they are the same in music genre as my product. This gave
me an idea of what particular fonts to use and how to display my text and
images to fit in with the genre I chose. I believe that by looking at these
magazines, it helped me have a more professional approach when creating mine as
I developed a sustained idea of how my product should appear design wise.
By viewing these well-established magazines, I believe that it made
my product look identifiable in belonging to the punk rock genre through the
use of similar colour, font and design layout. This made it fit in with the
traditional layout of a punk rock music magazine and made it look more
effective as a final product.
An example of this would be the use of cracked fonts through my
house style on my pages. This makes it obvious that I have researched
established punk rock music magazines to gain an idea of what kind of fonts
they use and how they work to portray a certain connotation. I also learnt how
to not make my magazine look too cramped. For example, some of the most
effective looking magazines looked better by keeping the page simple and not
adding too much detail in the design. I learnt through this by not adding too
much text and information onto my front cover which would result in it becoming
confusing and hard to follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment