- Initially, i planned to complete my photography behind a blank canvas so that my images were more clearer and the poses could be seen more distinctively. However, at the end i decided that it would work better to complete these images with an urban background so that my genre was more identifiable.
I completed my individual artist images with a blank canvas background and then my band images on some stairs and in front of wall to see which worked better. I decided that the artist images worked better with a black canvas and the group band image worked better with something going on, i believe this is because it gave it a more of an edgy background and related to my chosen genre and would interest my target audience. These were my outcomes:
I decided that the urban looking background worked best for the band as it made the genre of the magazine be portrayed more clearly and easily.
I thought that the blank canvas background worked better for the artists on their own as it took away the distraction of the band and made the artists on their own the main distraction.
Outcomes:
The first screenshot shows my attempt of making the band image my main front cover. When i tried to stretch the image all the way down the page to fit the measurements required, the image went blurry and didn't fit properly on the page.
My second screenshot shows how i changed the design of my front cover by using a different image. I discovered that an image of just 1 of the band members would work better as the audience would still be able to recognise the band member.
This process taught me that Adobe InDesign requires an image to be a particular size to fill a whole page and i should have completed my photography in a portrait orientation for it to work efficiently.



First of all, i wanted my main image on my front cover to be of the band so the audience could instantly recognise the genre of the band. I have some difficulties in placing the image on the front cover as it didn't cover a whole A4 bit of paper due to the orientation of the image. I tried different procedures in order for this image to work but nothing worked. This was when i decided to use a different image. I chose to use one of the individual artist images which the audience could still identify with.
The first screenshot shows my attempt of making the band image my main front cover. When i tried to stretch the image all the way down the page to fit the measurements required, the image went blurry and didn't fit properly on the page.
My second screenshot shows how i changed the design of my front cover by using a different image. I discovered that an image of just 1 of the band members would work better as the audience would still be able to recognise the band member.
This process taught me that Adobe InDesign requires an image to be a particular size to fill a whole page and i should have completed my photography in a portrait orientation for it to work efficiently.
I made my designs throughout the process slightly different each time. They appeared different as i added more things onto the page which had an impact on the appearance of the design. I played around with where to place different things, i used kerrangs structure to help me get a more professional and rock effect. Below is my progress development:








No comments:
Post a Comment